Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I've gone Cuckoo for Coco's Huffs...

Many moons ago, I was subjected to watching a gay flick, called "Trick". The film's biggest star was Tori Spelling and she seemed to be having so much fun "actin' it up with all of her little fag friends" (as I put it 30 minutes into the DVD).

So, there I was watching this bland melodrama that I was "supposed" to connect with, as a homo.

The film was hijacked during a 60 second scene starring the piercingly hilarious Miss Coco Peru (Clinton Leupp) simply blew me away. I almost did a spit-take and pissed my pants all at the same time as Coco asked, "You ever have cum in your eye, Gabriel?" This was the most spot-on, deadpan, mockingly serious thing I had ever seen.

What ever happened to Coco?

The answer: plenty.

It turns out that Miss Coco Peru has been around for the past ten years (or so...sorry, Coco *kiss*) and has appeared all over film and TV. In fact, I just discovered that she (he?) was even a voice in DISNEY'S "The WILD"! Yet, another film I will have to tackle to hear this genius in action.

About a month ago, I was surfing YouTube.com and decided to relive that fabulous scene from "Trick". This led to even more surfing the net to find Coco Peru's site:
www.MissCoco.com

There was a nice little "Contact Me" button on the bottom. That same drunken evening at home, the vodka led me to reach out and contact her.

She...or rather Clinton...emailed me back! Rather promptly, I might add. The humble tone of the response blew me away even more. An honest to God REAL person with REAL talent AND REAL MANNERS!

I was floored.

I wrote back...again with a response. Impossible.

I know that I'm gushing here, but I have new respect and admiration for Drag Alter-Egos and their creators...well, not all of 'em. But, this one's a winner, kids!

After the horrendous five-years I spent with my ex-boyfriend/bitch drag queen in Orlando, I was amazed by Clinton and Miss Coco.

I am indeed a fan. (Not a scary one, but a faithful one.)

Today, I've purchased a DVD copy of one of Coco's biggest starring vehicles, "Girls Will Be Girls". I can't wait until this DVD arrives from Amazon.com

It's going to be a piss my pants weekend for sure.

http://www.sropictures.com/girlswillbegirls/ <--Link to the movie's site.

Personal note to Clinton: If you read this...thanks for bringing big laughs back into my life. It's something that's been lacking for awhile! If you're ever in Orlando, please let me know. I'll hook you up with Disney for FREE...oh, wait...you were in 'the WILD', you've probably got that on your own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Moncrief Speaks said...

I actually just saw "Girls Will Be Girls" for the first time this past weekend. It's a very, very, very funny movie.

9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home