Monday, November 14, 2005

Why am I so "Mean"?

This one goes out to The Peach.

I had a pointless weekend full of lounging around the house, watching oodles of television, sleeping WAY too much, and boozing it up at night.

For some odd reason, I feel absolutely horrible this morning. In fact, most of the weekend I have felt like "ass". Is my body telling me that it's time to take a turn for the better? Quit smoking? Quit drinking?

Perhaps. Perhaps. Perhaps.

Anyway, back to the weekend of excess slothitude.

I was able to FINALLY catch the movie "Mean Girls". The Peach loves this film and has pushed for me to see it since day one. Saturday night, I finally caught it on Showtime in HD. Bonus. I DVRed it and I'm glad that I did, because this movie was hilarious. It was one of those "this is why I hated high school" movies that takes the high school experience and exaggerates it to the millionth degree. Despite the exaggeration, it's also amazingly accurate. Go figure. But, funny it is.

Yoda was also on screen this wekend.

I finally watched Star Wars: Episode III.

Liked it, I did not.

Visually stunning...Hayden Christianson is a morsel...but, follow it I could not. My friend William had to explain much of the plot to me, since my Attention Deficit Disorder was on overload due to all of the distracting visual effects.

I mean, there were some things that I liked about it...mmm, Hayden...but, on the whole I felt that it was lacking the heart and emotion of the original Star Wars films.

I mean, when Yoda was a Muppet, he was adorable, witty, and cool. Now that he's CGI he just looks like a green anus and looks pissed off all of the time.

Redeeming aspect of CGI? When R2-D2 blew oil over some "bad robots" and then ignited the shit on fire. Robot Flambe.

The Peach raved and raved about this film and how amazing it was. I'm not sure what he liked about it, but it wasn't fun for me. In fact, I didn't find it nearly as entertaining as was "Mean Girls".

Of course, I made The Peach watch John Waters' "A Dirty Shame" and he didn't seem to enjoy that. I guess we are even by all accounts.

Tomorrow's the day that Madonna's newest CD sensation hits the shelves at your local Virgin Megastore. Make sure you purchase a copy.

Regret it, you will not.

Why can't I stop talking like Yoda?

1 Comments:

Anonymous The Peach said...

Oh honey! You finally watched Mean Girls! YAY! I'm so happy for you!

Gotta love Regina's mom! And Gretchen Weiners...a riot. "But I'm always on your left."..."And you are getting on my last nerve...switch." SUCH A BITCH!

As for your comments about Revenge of the Sith, it was a movie you had to see in the theater. I bought it on DVD and it wasn't the same for me. Yes, the story is somewhat lacking (including heart), but I think what I enjoyed was the transformation of the Chancellor into the Emperor, and the music during the Yoda/Emperor shakedown. There are a lot of holes in the entire story. Like, who the hell is General Grevious (the robot with the awful hack)? Where did he come from? There are also a lot of odd moments such as when Obi Wan and Anakin come to save the Chancelor and he's just sitting in the chair. Hayden is hot, but like hello...his lines seem more like a recital than acting.

Thanks bitch.

10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home