Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Why am I a train wreck?

I don't know if it's the pending change of the seasons, but October is always a time of huge and drastic life changes for me. Sometimes producing big happy changes and sometimes big ball-busting changes.

In the past, during the month of October, I have:
  • Been terminated from my long-time employer (only to be reinstated two weeks later)
  • Began a five-year relationship with an asshole boyfriend who liked to have a career as a drag queen and adulteror
  • Split up with two boyfriends
  • Moved to new jobs within said company that had terminated me

So, October is a mixed bag, but always "eventful" for me. I both welcome the month with open arms and at the same time fear what metaphoric Halloween horrors might be waiting to scare me.

October 2005 has already been quite a roller-coaster ride...with much more to come.

Twelve days into the month and here's what's happened:

  • My boyfriend has gone through much grief when his sister's family was injured in one of the bombings in Bali
  • My current "boss" has announced he is leaving for a new role
  • I've made a new, close friend

Fearing the unknown outcome, here are some big events that remain:

  • Beny's Political Asylum court date next week. You know, the date that an INS Judge determines whether I get to keep my partner in this country...
  • An interview for a new role with the branch of my large company that I have wanted to be a part of since childhood. They are a creative bunch, and millions will experience their creativity for years.

So as you can see, I'm elated and utterly terrified. A train wreck.

Why, I believe this month should be called, Shocktober.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home