Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Why roller-coasters?

Anybody that knows me, also knows that I'm a big theme park junkie. I love the theme parks for the pure "escapism" factor. Lord knows that our daily lives are filled with all sorts of trials and tribulations that make a surreal escape fantastic, and sorely needed.

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to head to Tampa with the strict mission of riding Busch Gardens newest roller-coaster, Sheikra.

This is a new "diving coaster" that races you up a 200 foot tall lift hill, only to aim you facedown a 90 degree drop. It's an intense thrill and I was chomping at the bit to give it a whirl.

Beny and I arrived in Tampa Sunday afternoon and checked into our somewhat decent hotel, the Seraton Suites Tampa Airport.

Within minutes of arriving, Beny's evil twin Franky arrived. I am a complete roller-coaster of emotions around Franky. I desire him. He is intelligent. He's attractive. He's funny. He's...well, he's Franky.

Franky whisked us away to go to dinner.

After a few moments of trying to figure out what restaurant we actually agreed upon, we ended up at a charming place called, Ceviche. This is another 'tapas' restaurant in Tampa...something Orlando needs desperately.

We had a lovely dinner, however, I felt awkward. I'm not even sure why I felt awkward. Perhaps it was the freezing temperature of the place. Maybe Beny, Franky, and I have all reached the point in getting to know each other where we don't have much else to say or discover? I wasn't feeling like opening up too much. I often become more of a reactionary conversationalist than an conversation-starter.

I'm in the queue line for quite a big ride.

I'm sure the fact that Franky was sitting directly across from me didn't help matters, either. I found myself staring at him consistantly and then fearing that Beny would "catch on" to my gaze.

It was time for me to go smoke.

I stepped outside and reflected on my surroundings...Tampa does have a few hidden spots that are quite lovely.

I must be stepping into the roller-coaster train.

Back in the restaurant after my "time-out", Beny and Franky started talking about me in Indonesian. When you are the topic of a conversation in another language and the discussion ends in laughter...well, it t'ain't fun.

After downing three glasses of Sangria, I was felling better about the entire Cheviche dining experience.

The main lift hill.

We drove back to the hotel to change our clothes.

While Beny was taking his shower, Franky and I gave each other the "come and get it" smirk. We kissed each other (no tongue) a couple of times and I started feeling nervous and elated.

Plunging down the first drop was quite a rush of adrenalyn and excitement.

Abandoning the dog in the "no pets allowed" hotel was challenging. My poor Chopstick needs a play mate. Hopefully he didn't cry too much as "Mommy and Daddy and Object of Desire" closed the hotel room door.

Off we travelled to "CitySide". I'm not sure I understand why this place is Franky's nightly hang-out. However, after two Long Islands, and hanging out with some of Franky's hilarious and insane friends, I began to understand the appeal.

Climbing back up the next hill now.

The friends (Will and Merrill) were an absolute treat. Will is the same guy that came to Orlando for La Nouba (see my last entry), but Merrill was an instant friend for me. He was such an engaging personality with a great mind and humor. Oh, and he was slutty, too.

Highlights of the insane CitySide portion of the evening? Watching Merrill question one of the bar's partrons about her being of legal age to even be in the establishment and miraculously somehow getting the phone number to the boy that she was with.

The other highlight was laughing in histarics and making eye-contact with Franky as he was laughing, too. I love watching him laugh. His friends supply ample opportunities to see him do so.

Weee! We're going down another drop.

Leaving Cityside, we headed to "the Male Room". What a first-class establishment...ahem! It was Karaoke night.

Now, I never thought I'd enjoy Karaoke night, but with this laugh-factory crew...Beny and I had a great time. I had such a good time that I can only remember small tidbits:
  • The skinny, young Asian boy.
  • The less-attractive Asian guy.
  • Will singing a Karaoke song and dedicating it to me and Beny...that's swwweeett!
  • Me tipping Will a $1 bill in his undies as he was singing.
  • Me heading directly to the urinal and laughing while I pissed because I was a drunken mess and Will was still audible in the background.
  • The "Trailer Trash Barbie" that Merrill and I both worshipped as she sang her Karaoke song. Complete with stars on her pantyhose!
  • Some other 'strangers' joining all of us at our table. Who were these guys?
  • Me slipping into oblivion.

Yes. It was a fun night.

I thought I drove back to the hotel, but later discovered that there was no way that I could have done so.

The next morning was hell. A tremendous hangover headache and fatigue.

This must be the helix portion of the ride. I sure was spinning!

We had all made plans to go to Busch Gardens the next day. After hours of pulling everyone out of the previous night and into the day ahead, we arrived at Busch Gardens at approximately 2pm.

Sweltering heat. Memorial Day. Hangover fatigue.

I wasn't doing too well.

Sheikra...2 hour wait...hardly an option.

After two free beers I felt as good as I could. We all giggled as we discussed the previous night's insanity.

What was even crazier were the stories of what happened after the Male Room.

Will went to the Rainbow (a gay bathouse) and had intercourse with six guys. So he says.

Merrill, went home and had the acosted girl's friend join him. Apparently, a let-down that didn't look nearly as good in the morning hours.

As we bunny-hopped the final small hills, the ride was a fun one.

Beny and I pulled into the station at home around 9pm ready for another typical week together.

We were exhausted, and had a very fun time.

I asked Beny about Merrill and he told me that he "liked him". I knew it. I could tell that Beny was/is into this guy.

The fun of the weekend is over now.

The fun is over now.

If you have noticed, my fun didn't seem to revolve around Beny. Am I done with him? Do I feel that he's already interested in others like Merrill? Does he realize that I'm interested in Franky?

Regardless of what the future holds for me and Beny, I will try my best to keep it together. There is no doubt that he is the best boyfriend that anyone could ever have. I hope that neither of us do anything that we will regret and fuck up our relationship. Escaping to theme parks without him would never be the same for me.

I think I need to adapt the creative escapes of theme parks into my relationship. Instill creativity in my romance.

Does this lead to wild threesomes with Franky, Beny, and me? Beny, Merrill, and me? Or will it turn even sleazier?

Why do I hope that it doesn't?

1 Comments:

Blogger Online Incomes said...

Hey nice blog! I just want you too know that I have a niagara falls hotel blog/sie too!
It's a free information web site for discount hotel rooms!
It can help you save big on your next trip!
You should check it out if you get a chance :-)

2:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home