Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Why yesterday?

So...since yesterday, I was trying to determine what direction I wanted to go stylistically for this bloomin' blog of bullshit. Do I make it a true diary of actual events in my life? Truth be told, not every day is so event-filled that I need to even notate it in writing. In fact, the day-in day-out drudgery of being a Administrative Professional tends to be quite mundane.

This leads to weekends of excess and weeknights of alcoholism. (Good news is, I'm not drinking alone. My Indonesian boyfriend of three years, Beny, is usually able to follow my drinking perfectly in stride.)

Another option for the blog is for me to tell witty anecdotes and/or discuss my observations of the world. This is usually what I'm best at doing thanks to my bitter take on everything. Should I get political with it? Can the world handle another 'talking head' evaluating the current regime? I really don't think that's the route I wish to go, especially since it's so freakin' obvious that our nation's current leadership is truly a bunch of selfish liars. I mean, Condolezza Rice...what a gossip! Watch her sitting in the corner taking notes so she can let the proverbial cat out of the bag at a press conference. Our fearless, arrogant President telling me that I should be forbidden to have the same rights as other Americans. What a prick.

Crap! I've gone Political!

Grab the reigns, Crisco kid. Where was I? Oh yes...yesterday...the day I decided to jump on the big blog bandwagon. Well, I suppose it's obvious, I've found my 'direction' for the blog: Mental diahorreah.

I'm just going to go with it. Sometimes, I'll try to make a valid point. Sometimes, I'll pull a real Carrie Bradshaw Sex and the City thought-provoking piece. Sometimes, I'll simply download my thoughts and emotions. (And for those of you that do not play the piano, that's one of the joys of being a pianist...letting your emotions and feelings out via tickling the ivories. Not only am I playing the piano more and more frequently, but now I have this outlet, as well.)

Who needs a therapist? I've got this...and liquor.

Why today? Why yes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home