Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Why 'From Justin to Kelly'?


How are you...?

...wait, let me finish the question...

How are you when you are drunk?

I'm always fascinated at the different Tripaway2day's that emerge from my drunken stupors:
  • The pissed-off drunk that latches onto one key word or phrase and allows that word or phrase to become the focus of rant after rant until passing out.
  • The "I don't know what I'm doing" drunk that emerged at 'La Nouba'.
  • The chatterbox drunk who thinks he is so damn funny that he won't shut-up.
The list goes on and on...

Anyone that knows me well knows that I drink nightly. My Raspberry Smirnoff and Sierra Mist Free are my nightly routine. My therapy. I'm still trying to figure out how this witch's brew determines which Tripaway2day emerges each night. I need to be researched, scientifically.

Last night was the "I want to sing sing sing" drunk that showed up.

I plopped the bomb From Justin to Kelly into the DVD player and went crazy with the 'Scene Selections' function. Belting out the sappy duet, 'Timeless' singing both Justin's AND Kelly's parts...

...well, you must admit that is TALENT with a capital "T".

At least I wasn't trying to dance as I sang these amazing lyrics:

Wish Upon a Star

The boys are bad, The boys are good
They would all love me if only they could
It's only playin', It's only pretend
'Cause I can see through all these men now

Who am I supposed to be?
A girl who stays at home alone?
No, baby needs a fantasy
Someone who'll never let me go

Could I be forgiven
For how I want my life to be?

I'm gonna wish upon a star
I wanna go a bit too far
Need a little love to get me by
Let's start with you and I

I'm gonna wish upon a star
Don't you think I'm goin' too far?
Need a little trouble to get me by
Let's start with you and I

Da dum, da dum
Da dum, da dum
Da, Da, Da, Da

If you like what you're seeing
You can believe I'm
Gonna have it my way
So you better watch out
And you should have no doubt
I don't care what people say

I'm gonna wish upon a star
Need a little love to get me by

I'm gonna wish upon a star
I wanna go a bit too far
Need a little love to get me by
Let's start with you and I

I'm gonna wish upon a star
Do you think I'm goin' too far
Need a little trouble to get me by
Let's start with you and I

I'm gonna wish upon a star
I wanna go a bit too far
Need a little love to get me by
Let's start with you and I

I'm gonna wish upon a star
Don't you think I'm goin' too far
Need a little trouble to get me by
Let's start with you and I
(You and I)


After about 15 minutes of belting 'Wish Upon A Star' repeatedly, it was time to bring out the big guns. I moved my fat ass over to the piano and began my 90 minute production of Hairspray. (Now, you must understand, I've only seen the Broadway musical, Hairspray once (and that was on January 24th). I do not own the CD of the musical. I just recieved the piano book in the mail about four days ago.)

New music. Liquor. A From Justin to Kelly fueled frenzy ensued.

This concert was nothing short of stunning, as I'm sure you could imagine. Beny didn't even seemed bothered by it. What a strong constitution he has!

I wonder if tonight will be...The Lion King...Cats...Phantom?

Actually, I'm positive that tonight's lush-fest will be dictated by what happens on American Idol. I wonder how many Idol contestants will make me ask:

Why 'Summertime'?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home